UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The Colombia Pacific Watershed
This page details the UN Sustainable Development Goals being addressed by the SeaTrees Colombia watershed projects in the Choco Eco-Region of Colombia.
POWERED BY THE PEOPLE
The people of these project sites collectively own and operate the projects and serve as the primary decision-makers. All value from these projects go directly to the local community.
Key Impact Metrics
- Sustainable conservation and community management of the mangrove ecosystem, marshes, and associated streams.
- Local governance of protected marine-coastal areas at the regional level.
- Economic empowerment of community groups and increased job opportunities.
- Habitat protection for vulnerable flora and fauna species.
- Generates 70 million tons of verified emissions reductions over 30 years.
- Improves the well-being of over 40,000 local people.
- Promotes ecotourism in the project area.
- Strengthens efforts to safeguard the area's cultural and natural heritage.
Sustainable Development Goals addressed by the project
SeaTrees evaluates these projects annually to measure its impact on all relevant Sustainable Development Goals. These projects address six SDGs. Read below for more details.