After achieving the milestone of planting one million SeaTrees on Earth Day 2021, SeaTrees achieved our next major goal of planting two million SeaTrees across all our projects on World Mangrove Day 2022. We would like to thank all of our donors and partners who helped make this happen. Our next goal is to support 100 SeaTrees projects by the end of this decade (2030).
2 Million+ SeaTrees breaks down as follows:
- 1,963,630 mangrove trees planted at our project sites in Mida Creek, Kenya, Marereni, Kenya, Biak Island, Indonesia, and Laguna San Ignacio, Mexico.
- 541,020 sq-ft of kelp restoration at our project sites in Palos Verdes, CA, Tankers Reef, Monterey, CA, USA and Sydney, Australia.
- 12,000 coral fragments restored in Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia and O'ahu Hawaii.
- 653,000+ tons of CO2 sequestered at our project sites in Southern Cardamom, Cambodia and Paramos Y Bosques, Colombia.
- 35,000 sq-ft of watershed restored at our project sites in Maui, Hawaii, Southern Cardamom, Cambodia and Paramos Y Bosques, Colombia.