Every t-shirt plants 10 mangroves in the West Papua Region of Indonesia.
To celebrate World Mangrove Day, we're releasing a limited-edition, mangrove-planting, carbon-sucking, made-to-order, customizable t-shirt featuring graphics from renowned Japanese surf/skate artist Yusuke Hanai.
Fans of Yusuke and saving the ocean have two weeks to order their t-shirt in their style:
- Premium USA-made organic cotton (think light and breezy)
- Heavy-weight cotton (think old school and boxy).
Every tee is made-to-order, hand screen-printed in California, delivered 3 weeks from the end of the campaign, AND plants 10 mangroves in the West Papua Region of Indonesia with SeaTrees’ local planting partner, Eden Projects.
Mangrove forests “suck” a lot of CO2 out of the atmosphere. These forests are so productive that they can sequester 5-10x more carbon dioxide per year than a land-based tropical forest. Every one of the mangrove SeaTrees planted through the sale of these tees:
- Creates sustainable employment for 55 local families
- Protects local villages from storm surges and sea-level rise
- Provides critical nursery grounds for fish, shellfish, sharks and turtles
- Sequesters 680 lbs/308kg of CO2 (over the 25 year lifespan of the tree)