100% of profits fund our mission to protect and restore coastal ecosystems - turning the tide on climate change.
Wipe out the climate impact (carbon footprint and more) of your manufactured wave riding sleds (aka Surfboards, SUPs, Kite-boards, etc).
With your support - we work with local communities in Mida Creek, Watamu Kenya or in the Biak Region of West Papau, Indonesia to plant mangrove trees.
- 10 mangrove trees planted = Climate impact of 10 boards wiped out.
- 20 mangrove trees planted = Climate impact of 20 boards wiped out.
- 30 mangrove trees planted = Climate impact of 30 boards wiped out.
- 50 mangrove trees planted = Climate impact of 50 boards wiped out.
Every mangrove tree you help to plant:
- Provides sustainable employment and generates economic opportunities for the communities in the Mida Creek area. Community members are then able to provide meals to their families, pay for school fees, and gain access to health care with wages earned through mangrove nursery management.
- Helps to protect Mida Creek from storm-surges and sea-level rise
- Creates critical habitat for threatened species including Green sea turtles.
- Helps protect the surrounding coral reefs from sediment runoff
- Sequesters carbon in one of the most efficient ways possible. In fact, mangrove forests are 5x more effective at storing carbon than tropical forests.
Tax Deductible: SeaTrees is a program of 501c3 non-profit Sustainable Surf - meaning that Planting and Restoring SeaTrees is tax-deductible in the USA. Keep your receipt.