On World Mangrove Day 2023, we proudly announced our major milestone of planting 3 Million SeaTrees across all our projects sites and types. Having hit 1 Million trees planted on Earth Day 2021, and 2 Million trees plated on World Mangrove Day 2022, we hope to continue this positive trajectory in the years to come. We would like to thank all of our donors and partners who helped make this happen. Our next goal is to support 100 SeaTrees projects by the end of this decade (2030).
3 Million+ SeaTrees breaks down as follows:
- 2,755,584 mangrove trees planted at our project sites in Kenya, Indonesia, and Mexico.
- 539,514 sq-ft of kelp restoration at our project sites in California and Australia.
- 14,500 coral fragments restored at our project sites in Bali, Indonesia.
- 40,365 sq-ft of seagrass planted and restored at our project sites in Spain and Portugal.
- 83,700 tons of CO2 sequestered at our project sites in Cambodia and Colombia.
- 85,000 sq-ft of watershed restored at our project sites in Maui, Hawaii.