100% of profits fund our mission to protect and restore coastal ecosystems - turning the tide on climate change.
Is this a gift? Use our Gift Tree Planting card.
With your support ($1 per tree planted) - we work with local communities in Mida Creek, Watamu Kenya to plant mangrove SeaTrees to restore coastal ecosystems.
This project restores 100+ hectares of degraded mangrove forest within the Malindi Watamu National Marine Park and Reserve - a UNESCO Designated Biosphere Area + one of the world’s oldest Marine Protected Areas.
Every mangrove you help to plant:
- Provides sustainable employment and generates economic opportunities for the communities in the Mida Creek area. Community members are then able to provide meals to their families, pay for school fees, and gain access to health care with wages earned through mangrove nursery management.
- Helps to protect Mida Creek from storm-surges and sea-level rise
- Creates critical habitat for threatened species including Green sea turtles.
- Helps protect the surrounding coral reefs from sediment runoff
- Sequesters carbon in one of the most efficient ways possible. In fact, mangrove forests are 5x more effective at storing carbon than tropical forests.
You can also sign up for a SeaTrees Planting Subscription. Think about a SeaTrees subscription as a recurring donation - you can automatically plant a mangrove each month. Payments will be automatically charged on a monthly basis. No minimums or obligations – you can modify, skip, or cancel your subscription at any time!
Tax Deductible: SeaTrees is a program of 501c3 non-profit Sustainable Surf - meaning that Planting and Restoring SeaTrees is tax-deductible in the USA. Keep your receipt.